Can’t get enough of the Snapchat multimedia media app? If you are here then you are one of those millions of people who prefer the Snapchat app more than any other multimedia sharing platform. Probably because of its feature that makes messages disappear after a period of time. Or it just so happens that most of your friends are on this same platform that is why you love this app. But you are here so that means, you also want to use Snapchat on PC, right?
What is Snapchat?
The Snapchat app was created and developed by three Stanford University students, Bobby Murphy, Evan Spiegel, and Reggie Brown. It was first launched July 2011 on iOS platform. Shortly after that, Murphy and Spiegel tossed Brown out of the company.
On September 2011, the Snapchat app was relaunched and was released for Android platform the next year, October 2012.
Snapchat on PC
Sadly, despite the fact that Snapchat has been so popular for all mobile users, there was never any plan that the app will be released for Windows machine. So many users that spend their time on Windows PC but prefer using Snapchat as their main image and video sharing app is torn between two platforms.
How to install Snapchat on Windows
While it is a fact there is no app version for the Snapchat application, it does not mean that there is no fix for that issue. With today’s level of innovation and technology, porting the Snapchat app to work on PC is now available.
To do this feat, all you have to do is use an Android emulator and you can use the Snapchat or any Android app that you want. And it is as easy as installing any app on your Windows PC. Here is how to do it.
- Use your preferred Windows browser. It could be the native Internet Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. Open your browser and type BlueStacks.
- Download BlueStacks and run the EXE files. (You can also download bluestacks from bluestacksguides site.)
- Just follow the prompt that appears on your screen and it will tell you how to properly install the emulator.
- Once done with the installation, launch the BlueStacks.
- After the introduction prompt of the BlueStacks app, open the Play Store app and enter your Gmail login information.
- Once you finish entering your login information, search for the Snapchat app on the Play Store.
- Install the Snapchat app.
- Open the app and log in.
- You may now enjoy Snapchat on PC.
Using the BlueStacks app is safe. Just as long as you downloaded the software from its homepage or any legit sites you are good as rain. Do not worry because the download is free and you do not have to pay for a dime just to enjoy all your Android apps.
There are just some things you should consider before installing BlueStacks. The first thing is that it is best advised for Windows machine that has 4 gigabytes of RAM and more than 10 gigabytes of free storage. Typically, it can run on PCs with 2 gigabytes of RAM but if you are using your PC for some other purposes such as gaming and multimedia rendering then it will affect the performance of your Windows OS.
The second thing is that when you do open BlueStacks and run it with your favorite Android apps and games, avoid running other Windows software and application as it might cause overheating and overloading for some processor models.
Otherwise, you may enjoy BlueStacks or any Android emulator anytime you want. Let us know your thoughts about this article in the comment section. And if you have other preferred Android emulators, what would it be?